Monday, January 16, 2006

Chennai Book Fair 2006

Didn't want to miss the trip I make every year. It was as usual. The fair keeps growing & they'd said there were around 250 stalls this year. Yesterday being the last day, the crowds were there & it was difficult entering many stalls. Didn't have time to visit all & had to choose prominent ones.

Had a look at Jayamohan's 'Kottravai', the much talked about book but then the kaapiyam-style writing was a little over my head. And had some faint remembrances when flipping through KiRa's Koballagrammam. Thought about buying SuRa's JJ:Sila Kuripugal but then changed my mind.

Books bought - To Kill a Mocking Bird (had always wanted to own a copy so that I can read it whenever needed) & 1984 (Orwell's masterpiece, another book I'd badly wanted to read). Bought Malcom Gladwell's 'Blink' (was impressed by his 'Tipping Point') on the platform & went to Spencers Landmark (so many blue shirted staff around!) & bought 'Guns, Germs & Steel' a book that Sandeep had recommended. Hmm, all these I hope to read atleast before the next year's event.